Wednesday 15 June 2011

The beginning

It's been 4 wks and 2 days since d-day. I can't believe it's been a month since I discovered their affair. I can still recall so clearly how I arrived at changi airport, almost feeling silly and stupid for going to such an extent to find...what exactly, I don't know. But I was promising myself that if I don't find anything, so be it. It would mean that he was telling the truth and I shouldn't worry about him anymore.

But lo and behold, I spy a couple who was obviously in love and can't let go of each other at the duty free. I saw him kissing her forehead just like he used to when we first got together. I saw her kissing his cheek. He was wearing a white shirt. H didn't have a shirt like that did he? I couldn't tell whether it was really him. So I called his phone.

Immediately I saw the person tense up, scramble for the phone, stare intently at the screen and then pick up with trepidation. I told him 'I see you. I see you with her. It's SS, I can't believe it's really her. I'm leaving. I never want to see you again'.

I could see her moving away from him and coming towards the belt. She was wearing a floaty brown dress. She has fair skin. She's looking back at him, worried and anxious.

He is asking me 'where are you tell me where you are' but I cut him off and walked away. He calls me, I pick up. I'm numb. He asks me hurriedly and intently- where are you. And I walk towards him.

He looks at me and there are no words. I asked him - what do you want to say? You're going to break up with me, do it now. And he says 'I still want a future with you'. What the....

He insisted on going back home. We were both silent all the way. I think we were both in shock. Once home, I think the shock drove me to be nice to him. I showed him what I bought from china for our new house. The general and the horse that I so painstakingly lugged home.

I moved out 2 days later to my parents' place and I'm still there, 4 wks and 2 days on.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment