Saturday 18 June 2011

Chance meeting

Funny thing happened at the piano recital- made a new friend, this Frenchman who sat next to me during the concert and we struck up a nice conversation. I was surprised, really, because I had my glasses on, no trace of makeup, wearing a top and jeans because I didn't expect to see anyone there and I just rolled out of bed.

And even more surprised when he asked if I'd like to join him for dinner and whether I knew anyplace nearby. I surprised myself by driving him to Fong seng, around the corner and we had a nice supper and talked for an hour and half.

It was nice to know that I could still talk and have interesting chats with other men. I think this guy was probably interested in making new friends, and since he was due to fly back to France for vacation this coming wk I didn't have to take anything seriously. But it was fun and lighthearted and even though I looked my worst, he made me feel attractive. Which was a nice thing that happened today. Gives me a bit of confidence and hope for whatever I get in future.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment